My goodness, what has been going since my last update two months ago!!
Biophysical profile @ 35.9 weeks and Strep B test:
Our little girl measured in the 82 percentile at 6 lbs 14 oz! The doctor is predicting she will be between 8 1/12 lbs to 9 lbs…little chunker.
They also noticed she has extra fluid in her kidney’s and will be keeping a close eye on it until she is born. We have been told not to worry as it can be caused by pregnancy hormones and usually resolves after birth (still had us worried).
Ahh the not so nice Strep-B swab test, I was very thankful that it was very quick and came out negative in the end. One less thing to worry about!
Biophysical 36.9 weeks:
They did a follow-up ultrasound to see what was going on with our little beans kidneys and they now say that her fluid levels are within the normal range. So good news!! They also booked me in for a breech version.
Breech Version @ 37.1 weeks:
Our little girl was in a very comfy breeched position and my MFM Dr. wanted to wait until 37 weeks to try to turn her (its called a version). I have to admit that I was very scared to attempt a version after what I had read online! But in the end the doctor reassured us that she would not force anything and would stop immediately if she did not move easily.
So we agreed and went in to firstly have a NST for 20 mins then they give you some meds that make your uterus relax (which made me very shaky). Then they had me go in for an ultrasound before the doctor came in. The ultrasound tech kept the machine on my while the doctor manually turned the baby stopping here and there to check where body parts where. It was not painful but slightly uncomfortable due to the pressure of the doctor pushing on my stomach. After she successfully turned the baby, I went back in for an hour long NST to make sure the baby was not in any distress. It was all much easier than I thought it would have been and the doctor did mention that she did turn very easily, so it worked out for us.
38.1 week NST and Ultrasound
Today I am 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant and have definitely hit an uncomfortable stage. My sciatica has been pretty painful for the last two weeks making it difficult to get around and get things done. I am thankful that I am not working and that my husband is here to help out.
Our little girl passed her NST test today and it looks like she is still head down which is good news! We discussed me going in for induction next week and we have a date!
I will be admitted next Tuesday evening to have my cervix ripened either with oral drugs or with a ballon catheter and once I am dilated they will start the Pitocin to start labor. So our little miracle baby O should be arriving sometime on Wednesday!! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I guess I should pack that hospital bag now, not to say I am unorganized. I have most of everything out and ready to be put into the bag, I just need to stick it all in and put it in the car.
I’m not completely sure I am ready or if I have everything that I will need.. only time will tell!
So grateful to have gotten this far in our journey and I am looking forward to this next step in our lives, miracles do happen.